[Gt-eos] GCT build system

Mátyás Selmeci matyas at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 20 22:45:30 CET 2017

Hi folks,

Just to let you know where we are in regards to getting a build system
going. I’ve put together a PR for automated builds (using Travis-CI)
such that whenever a GitHub Release is tagged, automated tests are
kicked off and, if successful, tarballs and source RPMs for the
individual components are added to the download page for the release.

I have not included binary RPMs because

a) we’re probably going to get them from EPEL anyway;
b) deployment is unreliable when you have too many files in a release;
c) without a YUM repo, downloading and installing those RPMs would be
too painful anyway.

I have provided a script and a Vagrantfile in case anyone does want to
build the binary RPMs for themselves. I haven’t done anything with debs
because I have no experience with Debian packaging, but if someone wants
to put something together for that, I can help them figure out the build
system.

The pull request is PR #10 <https://github.com/gridcf/gct/pull/10>;
reviews are welcome.

What’s the next step?

Thanks,
-Mat

​

--
Mátyás (Mat) Selmeci
Open Science Grid Software Team / Center for High-Throughput Computing