[Gt-eos] genproxy - create GSI proxy credentials w/o Globus

Frank Scheiner scheiner at hlrs.de
Thu Nov 9 12:44:40 CET 2017

Hi Mischa,

On 11/09/2017 12:15 PM, Mischa Salle wrote:
> Dear Frank,
>
> great! I know his tool (obviously), I like the fact that it finally made
> it's way to github. Putting it under gcf makes sense to me.
> Perhaps you can persuade Jan Just to also add his grid-proxy-verify...

I didn't use that tool yet. Is this an alternative to `grid-proxy-info
-exists [...]` with more functionality?

> By the way, you know that voms-proxy-init (C or Java) also can create
> (plain) proxy certs? They have no external dependencies.

No, didn't know that tool, if users have a C compiler at hand, why not.
But Java is a heavy dependency, or? :-)

> If you like we can go (together with Jan Just) over some potential
> improvements, such as pkcs12 support (not difficult).

PKCS#12 support would be great! Additional improvements are also welcome.

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Scheiner

High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Department Project User Management & Accounting

Email: scheiner at hlrs.de
Phone: +49 711 685 68039