[Gt-eos] gtk source repo location

Mischa Salle msalle at nikhef.nl
Fri Oct 20 13:57:22 CEST 2017

Hi Baptiste, others,

I think that whatever acronym we use, there probably is already a
library with that name around. It's mostly important to prevent clashes
with similar tools I think. I was wondering whether the term gsi is
perhaps a good option instead of globus? So gsi-toolkit? It's known, not
copyrighted or trademarked as far as I know, and I think most of our use
of the globus-toolkit that we need has somewhere todo with GSI.

There is by the way another important issue with not being able to use
the word globus: it's in almost every library name in the toolkit. So if
we want to/must remove it from there too, we need a rebuild of each
globus-depending software product... It also could mean having all the
products needing re-adoption into Fedora/EPEL and Debian.

    Best wishes,
    Mischa