[Gt-eos] gtk source repo location

Mischa Salle msalle at nikhef.nl
Fri Oct 20 16:22:54 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I had a look in the Globus License (basically identical to Apache 2.0),
see
https://github.com/globus/globus-toolkit/blob/globus_6_branch/GLOBUS_LICENSE

See point 4C and 6:
    4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the
    Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without
    modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet
    the following conditions:
	[...]
	c. You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works
	that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and
	attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding
	those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative
	Works; and
    "6. Trademarks. This License does not grant permission to use the
    trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the
    Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use in
    describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the
    NOTICE file."

Important is also that the name Globus Toolkit itself is trademarked:
    https://trademarks.justia.com/760/66/globus-76066138.html
i.e. the product name in APL2.0. However, we do require it "for
reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Work"
So I would say we probably can just retain the name of the *software*,
as long as we mention that it came from Univ. of Chicago. What we use
for the community is not so important for me.

Mischa