[Gt-eos] Determining project collaboration and ownership

Mátyás Selmeci matyas at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 20 19:24:56 CEST 2017

On 10/20/17 09:14, Baptiste Grenier wrote:
> For EGI we are currently tracking an assessment of this on the
> following wiki page: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/Globus_EOL_assessment

Thanks, this is useful. I see in many of the entries you are worried
about GridFTP. OSG is currently relying heavily on GridFTP and has no
plans to move away from it (quite the opposite in fact), so you don't
have to be worried about lack of maintenance for that part.

> ## Globus products
>
> * GRAM5
> * GridFTP
> * MYPROXY

You mention GRAM, but none of the packages you listed are related to
GRAM. HTCondor relies on the GRAM client tools (globus-gram-client-tools
and dependencies) so we'll help maintain that, too, but we have no need
for the job managers, SEG, or managed fork.

-Mat

--
Mátyás (Mat) Selmeci
Open Science Grid Software Team / Center for High-Throughput Computing