[Gt-eos] Determining project collaboration and ownership

Mischa Salle msalle at nikhef.nl
Sun Oct 22 15:00:30 CEST 2017

Hi all,

just to mention that I fully agree with BrianB's suggested model!
Especially since we take over a chunk of existing code with a diverse
group of developers, I think such a model makes a lot of sense: each
person can devote some time when it is suitable, but will not be the
sole responsible at times that it might be very difficult.
Also I'm not sure whether rotating the release manager is really needed:
if there is sufficient agreement, it can also be shared by a small but
fixed group of people.

I would suggest to start setting up a github organization as soon as
possible, and then fork the globus toolkit repo into it. After that we
can start adding relevant (development) people to the organization.

Mischa