[Gt-eos] [Operations] Fwd: New globus-gssapi-gsi version default to TLSv1.2

Vincenzo Spinoso vincenzo.spinoso at egi.eu
Tue Sep 25 09:25:15 CEST 2018

Dear Balazs,

please find more details in the agenda (not replicated in the minutes) from
yesterday's meeting: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/URT:Agenda-2018-09-24#Globus

Hope this helps.
 Vincenzo

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 at 14:28, Balazs Konya <balazs.konya at hep.lu.se> wrote:

> hi Maarten ,all
>
> On 2018.09.21. 18:23, Maarten Litmaath wrote:
> > The change actually was announced in the EGI URT meeting of Sep 10:
> >
> >      https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/URT:Agenda-2018-09-10#Globus
> >
> > But nobody who was present realized the potential implications for
> WLCG...
> >
> > In the future we need to make sure that such _major_ changes are
> announced
> > in all relevant forums, including the WLCG Operations Coordination
> meeting.
>
> the announcement should contain a bit more info as well. i read the UMD
> meeting
> notes but did not dig into what exactly got changed with the
> globus-gssapi-gsi
> package
>
> in general, i see a problem how these new packages going through the
> EPEL-testing phase without actually being tested/deployed at all.
>

> Balazs

Vincenzo Spinoso - EGI Operations Officer
Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare - via Orabona, 4 - 70126 - BARI
(ITALY)
+39 080 969 6693
Skype: vincenzo.spinoso