[Gt-eos] UberFTP?

Mischa Salle msalle at nikhef.nl
Mon Apr 1 17:33:03 CEST 2019

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 04:33:59PM +0100, End of Support of Globus Toolkit wrote:
> > I don't know if Jason Alt wants to keep maintaining it, I think he still
> > works for Globus, but since they are moving away from RFC3820, uberftp
> > is no longer useful there. If not it would make sense to incorporate it
> > under https://github.com/gridcf It does seem like Mattias has also
> > dropped it from Fedora? https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?packages=uberftp
> > But it's still in EPEL7.
>
> The point of contact for the uberftp package in Fedora/EPEL is not me
> but Steve Traylen. It is still there.
Ah, thanks. I got confused because of the bodhi page, which had your
name on top.

> You linked to the list of updates on bodhi.fedoraproject.org. This list
> contains updates to stable Fedora releases. Since there hasn't been any
> source updates to the package for a long time, the only builds that
> have happened are the rebuilds for new Fedora releases before they
> become stable. These builds do not appear in the list of updates to
> stable releases.
> But the regular rebuilds every 6 month or so for each Fedora release
> has happened:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8927

I should have realised that, sorry. I always get a bit confused how the
workflows are tracked in Fedora... (for others, you can also use
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=uberftp which
is easier to remember...)

The question remains, what do we do with it. It's certainly a useful
tool, should we try to 'adopt' the code? If there is someone who
personally knows Jason Alt...?

    Cheers,
    Mischa

--
Nikhef                      Room  H155
Science Park 105            Tel.  +31-20-592 5102
The Netherlands             Email msalle at nikhef.nl