[Discuss] New tag?

Oliver Keeble oliver.keeble at cern.ch
Thu Aug 15 08:59:47 CEST 2019

Hi Mattias,

I'd like to support this idea, particularly as we are responsible for
one of the merge requests you mentioned! We'll help with the testing of
course.

Cheers,

Oliver.

On 14/08/2019 15:35, Mattias Ellert via discuss wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it time to tag a new release? We have collected quite a number of
> fixes since the last one. There are also some open merge requests that
> maybe should be merged before a tag?
>
> 	Mattias
>
> globus-common:
> - Make symbol versioning work with link time optimization (LTO)
>
> globus-gass-copy:
> - Document guc/dcpriv behaviour with servers not supporting DC encryption
>    (related to issue #62)
>
> globus-gatekeeper:
> - Fix broken init.d script
> - Remove obsolete acconfig.h
>
> globus-gram-job-manager-scripts:
> - Repair broken perlmoduledir definition in globus-job-manager-script.pl
>    (issue #93)
>
> globus-gridftp-server:
> - Merges from old GT:
>    - Fake stat responses when slow listings enabled
>    - win: Error on un-stat()-able files in directory listing
>    - Send markers in stream mode when requested by 'OPTS RETR Markers=n;'
>    - Add simple checksum read throttling
>    - Add support for supported checksum advertising
>    - Add support for SHA1, SHA256, SHA512 to POSIX DSI
> - Remove obsolete acconfig.h file
> - Avoid unknown secondary groups in test. Causes failures on launchpad
>    (issue #95)
>
> globus-gridmap-eppn-callout:
> - Merge from old GT:
>    - Add environment variable GLOBUS_EPPN_KEEP_DOMAIN to return full
>      userid at domain from eppn
>
> globus-gridmap-verify-myproxy-callout:
> - Merge from old GT:
>    - Fix verification to allow proxy certs
>
> globus-gsi-proxy-core:
> - Make symbol versioning work with link time optimization (LTO)
>
> globus-gssapi-gsi:
> - Keep peers in sync after SSL handshake failure in gssapi
>
> globus-io:
> - Fix test race condition
>
> globus-net-manager:
> - Check python-config for --embed flag (python 3.8 compatibility)
>    (issue #87)
>
> globus-simple-ca:
> - Fix openssl output format issue (incomplete openssl 1.1 port)
>
> globus-xio-udt-driver:
> - Replace broken URL
>
> gsi-openssh:
> - Change GSSAPITrustDNS default to no (issue #85)
>
> myproxy-oauth:
> - Merge from old GT:
>    - Explicit python2
>
> myproxy:
> - Install myproxy-get-trustroots man page
> - Remove LICENSE.globus file (relevant for the now removed usage statistics
>    collection only)
>
> Multiple packages:
> - Cleanup of some old GPT stuff
> - Add AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR and ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS where relevant
> - Documentation fixes (doxygen issues, URLs to old docs, etc)
>
> Source distribution and packaging:
> - Fix small glitch in source dist creation (issue #79)

Oliver Keeble                      Information Technology Department
oliver.keeble at cern.ch                                           CERN
+41 75 411 5965                                    CH-1211 Geneva 23