[Discuss] GridCF UberFTP maintenance

Maarten Litmaath Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch
Mon May 11 18:01:04 CEST 2020

Hi all,
there is an open ticket about a bug that in principle is very serious,
while in practice there do not appear to have been many reports of
incidents due to the bug:

    https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=129103

Quoting that ticket:

    We've noticed that UberFTP deletes a file after an unsuccessful attempt
    to overwrite the file. In our (SARA-MATRIX) dCache SRM, overwrites have
    been disabled. Some users try to overwrite anyway, and may thus end up
    deleting their own data. This only happens with UberFTP.