[Discuss] GSI-OpenSSH w/HPN available

Frank Scheiner scheiner at hlrs.de
Thu Nov 19 17:41:47 CET 2020

Dear Grid Community,

I am pleased to announce the availability of GSI-OpenSSH packages w/HPN
patches in EPEL 7 and EPEL 8. Thanks go to Chris Rapier (for maintaining
the HPN patch(es)) and Mattias Ellert (for maintaining the GSI patch).

The HPN features are built-in beginning with the following versions:

* "gsi-openssh-7.4p1-6" (EPEL 7, details on [1])

* "gsi-openssh-8.0p1-5" (EPEL 8, details on [2])

[1]: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-7e2b65b63e

[2]: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2020-8f4051fdc0

We are also working on making GSI-OpenSSH w/HPN available for Fedora.

GSI-OpenSSH packages for SUSE also contain the HPN patch(es) beginning
with SLES 15 (SP1) and OpenSUSE Leap 15.1. Instructions for the
installation of these can be found on [3].

[3]:
https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3Afrank_scheiner%3Agct&package=gsi-openssh

Best regards,
Frank Scheiner

--
Frank Scheiner

High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Department Project User Management & Accounting

Email: scheiner at hlrs.de
Phone: +49 711 685 68039