[Gt-eos] usage stats collection

Frank Scheiner scheiner at hlrs.de
Thu Mar 1 13:58:28 CET 2018

On 02/28/2018 11:28 PM, Basney, Jim wrote:
> Mátyás Selmeci wrote:
>> According to
>> http://toolkit.globus.org/toolkit/docs/latest-stable/Usage_Stats.html,
>> GT phones home with usage statistics. Should we patch that out?
>
> Yes. We disabled it for GSISSH and MyProxy a while ago. I think it should be disabled/removed throughout GCT.

I agree, but for now this can also be disabled by setting an environment
variable (`export GLOBUS_USAGE_OPTOUT=1`) or configuration option of a
service (e.g. `-disable-usage-stats` for the Globus GridFTP server). So
not absolutely essential.

But if we can get rid of it easily, let's do it. :-)

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Scheiner

High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Department Project User Management & Accounting

Email: scheiner at hlrs.de
Phone: +49 711 685 68039