[Gt-eos] GT Documentation and mailing lists

Frank Scheiner scheiner at hlrs.de
Thu Dec 7 11:58:26 CET 2017

Should we call for a vote about the adoption of the GT documentation or
can we consider this part of the original Globus Toolkit and hence
agreement to adoption is implicit?

## Fork ##

Anyway I suggest to fork the same way as it was done for the Globus
Toolkit, because then the search functionality on GitHub will also work
in our forked code base. Comes in handy sometimes.

## Old/unneeded information ##

There might be some or even a lot of information in the
globus-toolkit-documentation that could be unneeded for our means, hence
we could start a new branch in our fork and just import the needed
information there. After everything is in shape, we could change the
default branch for this repo to the new branch.

## Resulting documentation ##

For the "finalized" documentation I'm yet undecided:

* GitBook
* ReadTheDocs
* GitHub pages

The first two have the advantage to include search functionality, but
there also seem to be "solutions" available that - with some manual work
- provide search functionality within GitHub pages, too, e.g. [Jekyll
Tipue Search].

[Jekyll Tipue Search]: https://github.com/jekylltools/jekyll-tipuesearch)

In any case I created accounts on GitBook (gridcf as organization) and
ReadTheDocs (gridcf as personal account - no organizations possible or I
didn't find the relevant information) we can use.

Cheers,
Frank