[Gt-eos] gct and gsissh

Basney, Jim jbasney at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 27 16:40:32 CET 2017

Hi,

What’s our gct plan for gsissh? Currently the Globus Toolkit uses [1]. Mattias separately maintains EPEL/Fedora packages [2]. The Globus Toolkit version contains extra patches, particularly PSC’s HPN [3] for improved scp performance and NERSC’s iSSHD [4] for user activity auditing. In my opinion, these extra patches are not critical for gct. For the sake of simplicity and compatibility with EPEL, I propose that gct should use Mattias’ packages/sources and we let support for the Globus Toolkit version end. Venkat and I are happy to assist as needed.

Mattias, do you agree? Did I miss any details?

What does everyone think? Anyone want to argue for inclusion of HPN and/or iSSHD in gct?

Regards,
Jim

[1] https://github.com/globus/gsi-openssh
[2] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/gsi-openssh