[Gt-eos] gtk source repo location

Frank Scheiner scheiner at hlrs.de
Fri Oct 20 15:45:27 CEST 2017

Hi all,

On 10/20/2017 03:31 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> On 10/20/2017 03:27 PM, Oliver Keeble wrote:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Is it something that can be avoided?
>>
>> I think it can certainly be avoided. Globus may trademark the name
>> (have they?)
>
> Yes, they have. See the bottom message on [1] and [2].
>
> [1]: http://toolkit.globus.org/toolkit/
>
> [2]: http://toolkit.globus.org/toolkit/contributions.html#Cobranding

Although "Globus" is a trademark, the use of "Globus"/"globus" in the
source code in file names, directory names, function, variable, etc.
names and the names of compiled executables and libraries is a different
thing, I believe.

The source code contains "Globus"/"globus" everywhere but is licensed
under an Open Source license, which in my eyes includes reuse as-is
without prior changes, even for binaries, as the names for the binaries
are determined by the Makefiles which are part of the source code.

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Scheiner

High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Department Project User Management & Accounting

Email: scheiner at hlrs.de
Phone: +49 711 685 68039