[Gt-eos] gtk source repo location

Frank Scheiner scheiner at hlrs.de
Fri Oct 20 15:31:42 CEST 2017

Hi Oliver,

On 10/20/2017 03:27 PM, Oliver Keeble wrote:
> [...]
>>> There is by the way another important issue with not being able to use
>>> the word globus: it's in almost every library name in the toolkit. So if
>>> we want to/must remove it from there too, we need a rebuild of each
>>> globus-depending software product... It also could mean having all the
>>> products needing re-adoption into Fedora/EPEL and Debian.
>>
>> Is it something that can be avoided?
>
> I think it can certainly be avoided. Globus may trademark the name (have
> they?)

Yes, they have. See the bottom message on [1] and [2].

[1]: http://toolkit.globus.org/toolkit/

[2]: http://toolkit.globus.org/toolkit/contributions.html#Cobranding

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Scheiner

High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Department Project User Management & Accounting

Email: scheiner at hlrs.de
Phone: +49 711 685 68039