[Gt-eos] Launching the GridCF

Brian Bockelman bbockelm at cse.unl.edu
Mon Oct 30 17:04:54 CET 2017

> On Oct 30, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Navarro, JP <navarro at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 30, 2017, at 9:07 AM, Mischa Salle <msalle at nikhef.nl <mailto:msalle at nikhef.nl>> wrote:
>>
>>> - Put together a timeline for a first release of the GCT.  Given we're
>>>  working against a January 2018 deadline, I would aim to have the
>>>  first code release be prior to that and essentially consist of the
>>>  current fork point from the Globus Toolkit.
>> Wouldn't it be better to make the first release just after the last
>> globus-toolkit release?
>
> Note that the Globus team will in principle released security updates throughout 2018, so we need to decide whether during 2018 we want to maintain a fork and cross port Globus’s patches or wait till the Globus team stop releasing security updates before forking.

Yeah - my thinking on this one is that it would be best to go through the "release process" prior to actually running out of time on the clock.  I assume that, for awhile, we'll have our hands full just doing the identical release as upstream.

My worst case scenario is waiting to make the first release until after the last GT release -- only to find out there is issue XYZ that we overlooked and is a blocker .

Brian