[Discuss] [Gt-eos] GSI-OpenSSH Packages for Ubuntu

Mischa Salle msalle at nikhef.nl
Tue Jul 2 13:23:19 CEST 2019

Hi Adam, all,

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 06:06:33PM -0700, Adam Mercer wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 10:32 AM Mischa Salle <msalle at nikhef.nl> wrote:
>
> > > The question is, how much effort it takes to adapt the patches for
> > > Fedora/EPEL to apply to Debian/Ubuntu.
> > ... this is probably by far the easiest for the time being.
>
> > But wasn't the whole point that there is (be it not fully functional
> > apparently) debian packaging in
> > https://github.com/gridcf/gct/tree/master/packaging/debian/gsi-openssh/debian
>
> The only changes I needed to make was to not apply the patches in the
> Debian packaging as the patches were already applied as part of the
> tarball creation process.

Indeed, running e.g. autoreconf -if runs also the prep-gsissh which
applies the patches.
@mattias: do you have an idea about this? What is the status of the
debian packaging for gsi-openssh? I think it would be good if we could
at least ourselves provide (binary) debs.

@frank: in our announcement
https://github.com/gridcf/gct/releases/tag/v6.2.20190226 we state that
we have precompiled packages for Debian unstable, that's not true for
gsi-openssh.

In any case the wording "pre-compiled packages" is probably a bit
misleading. I'd probably just say "packages", since the src RPMs and
debians are also available in those places.

    Cheers,
    Mischa

--
Nikhef                      Room  H155
Science Park 105            Tel.  +31-20-592 5102
The Netherlands             Email msalle at nikhef.nl