[Discuss] broken link for globus-toolkit-repo-latest.noarch.rpm

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Wed Jul 10 10:54:40 CEST 2019

Hi Lisa,

On 09/07/2019 23:55, Lisa Gerhardt via discuss wrote:
> A second question, has anyone had any experience installing these
> packages on the same nodes as Globus Connect Service v4? I'm worried
> there may be port clashes, etc. since these two software stacks are so
> similar (for now).

I think it is very likely that sites cannot run a GCT GridFTP server and
Globus Connect Service on the same machine: both with try to listen on
port 2811 -- at least, by default.

It might be possible to configure one (or the other) to run on different
ports.  I believe most grid software should work with URLs where the
port number is mentioned explicitly.

Incidentally, are you aware of sites that want to deploy both services?

Cheers,

Paul.