[Gt-eos] how to handle security issues

Frank Scheiner scheiner at hlrs.de
Thu May 23 14:08:07 CEST 2019

Hi Mischa,

On 5/23/19 14:03, Mischa Salle wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 01:30:21PM +0200, Frank Scheiner wrote:
>> But how am I supposed to log into the two administrative interfaces to be
>> able to e.g. approve new subscribers, remove spam, etc.:
>>
>> * security at gridcf.org (Administrator Authentication) ([1])
>> * security at gridcf.org (Moderator Authentication) ([2])
>>
>> [1]: https://mailman.egi.eu/mailman/admin/security
>>
>> [2]: https://mailman.egi.eu/mailman/admindb/security
>>
>> Using my password for the subscription, I always get an "Authorization
>> failed" back.
> That's a good question.
>
> I have a EGI sso account, and it us linked with that. You should be able
> to create one yourself, via https://sso.egi.eu/admin/

I think I have such an account also, since the gt-eos list was started.
I have to check how this can be linked. Thanks for the pointer.

> See also https://www.egi.eu/intranet/
> You can then also use a (IGTF) certificate from your browser by the way.
> Once that's done, we probably have to add your account as admin or it
> will just recognise your emailaddress.

I think the latter is already in place, as I received all four
subscription requests:

```
FROM: security-owner at gridcf.org
SUBJECT: New subscription request to list Security from [...]
TO: security-owner at gridcf.org

Your authorization is required for a mailing list subscription request
approval:
[...]
```

...so far.

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Scheiner

High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Department Project User Management & Accounting

Email: scheiner at hlrs.de
Phone: +49 711 685 68039