[Gt-eos] how to handle security issues

Mischa Salle msalle at nikhef.nl
Thu May 23 14:20:27 CEST 2019

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 02:08:07PM +0200, Frank Scheiner wrote:
> > I have a EGI sso account, and it us linked with that. You should be able
> > to create one yourself, via https://sso.egi.eu/admin/
>
> I think I have such an account also, since the gt-eos list was started. I
> have to check how this can be linked. Thanks for the pointer.

Indeed you have:
 https://sso.egi.eu/admin/userDetail/fs
(found you via https://sso.egi.eu/admin/groupView/gt-eos-authors)
Did it popup a certificate choosing box? That might be the trick. Also
noting that TCS puts my email in my certificate. Otherwise we'll have to
ask for help, you could put it in the GGUS ticket, if you have access
there.

> > See also https://www.egi.eu/intranet/
> > You can then also use a (IGTF) certificate from your browser by the way.
> > Once that's done, we probably have to add your account as admin or it
> > will just recognise your emailaddress.
>
> I think the latter is already in place, as I received all four subscription
> requests:
Ah, no I meant, that perhaps it authorises people based on the matching
of the emailaddress from the admin with the email in SSO, (which are
already the same for you).

Can you see if you have a certificate with the right DN?
You can use e.g. https://www.eugridpma.org/your-identity/

Cheers,
Mischa

--
Nikhef                      Room  H155
Science Park 105            Tel.  +31-20-592 5102
The Netherlands             Email msalle at nikhef.nl