[Discuss] UberFTP?

Frank Scheiner scheiner at hlrs.de
Thu Jan 9 17:06:33 CET 2020

Hi Mátyás,

On 09.01.20 16:44, Mátyás Selmeci via discuss wrote:
> Sorry for the thread necromancy but the UberFTP GitHub repo
> (https://github.com/JasonAlt/UberFTP) has been explicitly
> archived by the owner, which IMO gives us the license
> to adopt it.  Are we willing to do that?

I'm with you, uberftp is a useful tool (e.g. allows direct access to
GridFTP command channel) and should be conserved - also because I make
use of it in gtransfer ([1]) :-).

[1]: http://gtransfer.org/

We should also contact Jason Alt that we would like to adopt it: In
addition to the patches from the uberftp forks ([2]), maybe he also has
some patches laying around that could be useful.

[2]: https://github.com/JasonAlt/UberFTP/network

> It would be good
> to have some sort of upstream if EPEL/Fedora are going to
> continue carrying it.

I hope they are.

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Scheiner

High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Department Project User Management & Accounting

Email: scheiner at hlrs.de
Phone: +49 711 685 68039