[Discuss] Seeking new GCT source tarball host

Alessandro Paolini alessandro.paolini at egi.eu
Mon May 23 08:49:53 CEST 2022

Dear all,

We agreed to provide a simple http repo with sftp access.
To finalize the setup, we would need a person of contact, one or more ssh
public keys, and someone to update the gridcf.org dns zone.

Could you please provide our colleague Benjamin with the information?

Best regards,
Alessandro

On Tue, 17 May 2022 at 14:56, Baptiste Grenier via discuss <
discuss at gridcf.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
> We cannot make any promises right now, but we are investigating to see if
> we could propose something.
> Best,
> Baptiste
>
> On Mon, 16 May 2022, 20:54 Mátyás Selmeci via discuss, <discuss at gridcf.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Bringing this thread back from the dead; we have lost the UNL
>> hosting for repo.gridcf.org, which some people still use directly,
>> see <https://github.com/gridcf/gct/issues/194>.  We hurriedly set
>> up a web server in our Kubernetes cluster at UW-Madison but it has
>> no SFTP access for uploads which means no new releases.
>>
>> We are still looking for someone to host the contents of
>> <https://repo.gridcf.org> in such a manner as to allow automated
>> uploads from the CI scripts.  SFTP would be the easiest but WebDAV
>> or something would also work.
>>
>> We use CloudFlare for DNS aliases, not hosting; gridcf.org is an
>> alias for gridcf.github.io, a GitHub Pages page; repo.gridcf.org
>> is an alias for gridcf-repo.osg.chtc.io.  If we were to get new
>> hosting for repo.gridcf.org, we would change the CloudFlare
>> settings to point repo.gridcf.org to the new host.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Mat
>>
>> On 3/8/2021 5:10 AM, Mischa Salle via discuss wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > that's good news for the source tarballs, thanks!
>> >
>> > However, the gridcf.org domain is definitely something that we need to
>> > keep and on the same domain and hosts. I actually thought that all
>> > content (incl. the repo) was going via cloudflare, not via OSG directly,
>> > but maybe I'm confused.
>> >
>> > Mischa

>> systems
>> packages.

>> tar balls

>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SourceURL#Git_Tags

Dr. Alessandro Paolini | Senior Service Delivery Officer | EGI Foundation
(Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
W: www.egi.eu | M: +31 (0)630372845 | E: alessandro.paolini at egi.eu | skype:
alessandro.paolini.egi

EGI: Advanced Computing for Research
The EGI Foundation is ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 certified

"I believe in the power of laughter and tears"
    "as an antidote to hatred and terror"
          "A day without laughter"
             "is a wasted day" >>> Charlie Chaplin