[Discuss] GSISSH Maintainer?

Frank Scheiner scheiner at hlrs.de
Sun May 12 18:26:17 CEST 2024

Hi Chris,

On 09.05.24 22:47, Chris Rapier via discuss wrote:
> I was hoping to contact the GSISSH maintainer.

For GSISSH in Fedora and EPEL ([1]) that's actually Mattias (now in CC).
For the in-tree variant ([2]) I rebuild the Fedora versions since a
while to allow builds from the GCT sources directly.

[1]: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/gsi-openssh/

[2]: https://github.com/gridcf/gct/tree/master/gsi_openssh

> I am the developer of
> HPN-SSH which is part of GSISSH and I'd like to ask the maintainer a
> couple of questions. Specifically, I was contacted by a government user
> and they seem to be having some performance issues. This issue might be
> because of the version of HPN-SSH that's been incorporated. So I wanted
> to ask what version is being used and to see if I can do anything to
> help incorporate the latest version.

In the current in-tree version we are using HPN 15.2 (see [3]), same in
Fedora/EPEL ([4]), at the moment starting with GSI-OpenSSH 8.7p1
(epel9). Older versions (epel7 (HPN 14.13), epel8 (HPN 14.19)) still use
the matching HPN version for the respective GSI-OpenSSH version that is
based on the OpenSSH version of the respective RHEL derivative.

[3]:
https://github.com/gridcf/gct/commit/1abc712d248f308ad931c04ed1294e8df152f201

[4]: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/gsi-openssh/tree/rawhide

What GSI-OpenSSH version is the user using?

> Thanks,
>
> Chris Rapier

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Scheiner

High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Department Project User Management & Accounting

Email: scheiner at hlrs.de
Phone: +49 711 685 68039