[Gt-eos] GT Documentation and mailing lists

Oliver Keeble oliver.keeble at cern.ch
Thu Nov 23 14:30:49 CET 2017

On 23/11/17 10:45, Frank Scheiner wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> On 11/22/2017 02:01 PM, Oliver Keeble wrote:
>>
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> What's the status of
>>
>> https://github.com/globus/globus-toolkit-documentation
>
> Oh, didn't knew of that. That should make things easier.
>

>> It looks complete, but hasn't been touched in a year. Not sure how
>> easy it will be to generate a usable site from it.
>
> There exist HTML to Markdown converters - assuming that both readthedocs
> and gitbook expect Markdown as input - but I assume we will still have
> some manual work ahead after the conversion. But this work will be also
> limited by the amount of documentation we want to preserve.

I think the "source" is AsciiDoc which is used to produce html, and may
be able to produce other types of markup.

In any case, I guess we should clone the docs into our repo too.

Oliver.

> Bye,
> Frank

Oliver Keeble                      Information Technology Department
oliver.keeble at cern.ch                                           CERN
+41 75 411 5965                                    CH-1211 Geneva 23