[Gt-eos] GridCF communication channels

Frank Scheiner scheiner at hlrs.de
Thu Oct 11 17:48:25 CEST 2018

Hi Baptiste,

On 10/11/2018 05:25 PM, Baptiste Grenier wrote:
> But in the end, it's indeed appropriate to have something more positive
> and independent than "gt-eosĀ / Globus Toolkit End of Service"...
>
> If needed EGI can operate one(multiple) mailman mailing list(s) under
> the egi.eu <http://egi.eu> domain (or rename the existing one if possible).

"gridcf.org" as domain would be nice to have, though.

For outgoing mail on an announce list I think it should be possible to
simply rewrite the originating domain in the header so it uses
"gridcf.org" although it really originates from "egi.eu".

But for ingoing mail to e.g. an address for reporting security issues it
might not be so easy to use "gridcf.org" instead of "egi.eu". Never did
this, but I think this requires an MX record at the DNS server
reponsible for "gridcf.org" pointing to the mail server(s) responsible
for "egi.eu" and the very same mail server(s) also have to handle the
"gridcf.org" domain.

All the best,
Frank

--
Frank Scheiner

High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Department Project User Management & Accounting

Email: scheiner at hlrs.de
Phone: +49 711 685 68039