[Discuss] broken link for globus-toolkit-repo-latest.noarch.rpm

Oliver Keeble oliver.keeble at cern.ch
Thu Jul 11 13:56:53 CEST 2019

Hi,

Maybe each service could listen on a different IP (with the default
port)? I think you can select the IP to bind to with
globus-gridftp-server (control-interface option).

Cheers,

Oliver.

On 10/07/2019 20:38, Lisa Gerhardt via discuss wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> Thanks for the reply, that was what I was worried about. At our center
> (NERSC at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab), we were previously relying on
> the globus toolkit to supply globus-url-copy, globus-gridftp-server,
> globus-job-run, etc. as well as Globus transfers. We need to upgrade to
> Globus Connect Service v4, but we still want to support our users who
> use grid based tools like xrootd,  SPADE, and globus-url-copy. We have a
> pool of 10 data transfer nodes, and right now it looks like we'll have
> to split them up and run the GCT stack on one set and Globus on the
> other (or change the default ports, which would make it hard for folks
> to connect to us). Alternative suggestions are welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Lisa
>
> On 7/10/19 1:54 AM, Paul Millar via discuss wrote:
>> Hi Lisa,
>>
>> On 09/07/2019 23:55, Lisa Gerhardt via discuss wrote:
>>> A second question, has anyone had any experience installing these
>>> packages on the same nodes as Globus Connect Service v4? I'm worried
>>> there may be port clashes, etc. since these two software stacks are
>>> so similar (for now).
>>
>> I think it is very likely that sites cannot run a GCT GridFTP server
>> and Globus Connect Service on the same machine: both with try to
>> listen on port 2811 -- at least, by default.
>>
>> It might be possible to configure one (or the other) to run on
>> different ports.  I believe most grid software should work with URLs
>> where the port number is mentioned explicitly.
>>
>> Incidentally, are you aware of sites that want to deploy both services?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Paul.

Oliver Keeble                      Information Technology Department
oliver.keeble at cern.ch                                           CERN
+41 75 411 5965                                    CH-1211 Geneva 23