[Discuss] [GCT] TLS v1.3 is here!

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Thu May 20 21:36:42 CEST 2021

Hi "GridCF",

On 20/05/2021 18:04, Frank Scheiner via discuss wrote:
> We are pleased to announce that the GCT with [PR#150] now also supports
> TLS v1.3!

Excellent!

> This is already tested to work with GridFTP (server and clients
> (`globus-url-copy` **and** `uberftp`) on openSUSE Leap 15.2).

I would be very interested to help out with testing this against dCache.

dCache provides (I believe) the only independent implementation of
GridFTP; i.e., one that is not derived from Globus Toolkit.

I can offer the endpoint prometheus.desy.de for testing, as this
instance is made available specifically for client testing.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to test the new version myself, but
I can facilitate testing if someone is willing to run the client and
exercise some transfers.

Please let me know if you are interested in helping out.

Cheers,
Paul.